If you have an EPO plan, either you or your behavioral health provider need to notify Tufts Health Freedom Plan within 30 days of your first appointment. It is, however, your behavioral health provider’s responsibility to verify that notification has occurred. You can call our Behavioral Health Services Department at 800.547.5186 and choose one of the two options:
1. Follow the prompts to access our Behavioral Health Interactive Voice Response system (IVR).
You will need to provide:
- Your Tufts Health Freedom Plan ID number, including the suffix
- Your date of birth
- Your Behavioral Health provider's 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- The start date of your 1st appointment
2. Follow the prompts to speak directly with a service coordinator who will assist you.
You will receive a confirmation number that begins with the letter "V" that you should bring to your 1st appointment.
Outpatient treatment notification is not necessary for PPO members.