Do you or a loved one have memory loss? Do you have common signs of Alzheimer’s?
Our Memory Loss, Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Support Program will help you, a loved one and your caregiver(s)
- You will receive telephonic coaching from a Nurse Care Manager at your convenience
- We will provide assistance by recommending community resources such as the Alzheimer’s Association and support groups, as well as respite options for the caregiver
- We will help the member and caregiver understand:
- the disease process and common treatment plans
- medication use and side effects
- exercise regimen and dietary recommendations
- We will discuss mutually established health care goals for you to achieve
- We will assist in having conversations with you that facilitate life planning, setting goals, and communicating these goals to your families, significant others and providers.
- We can help with long-term planning and implementing important documents associated with your health care decisions such as health care proxies.
What do your benefits cover (Medications? Durable medical equipment? Lab work? Inpatient/outpatient care?)
If you have questions about your benefit coverage, please check your Evidence of Coverage Document (EOC) on thfp.com/memberlogin or call our member services number on your ID card.
Have a medical concern and not sure what to do?
You have options to access the care you need when you need it:
- Reach out to your Primary Care Provider
- Reach out to one of our compassionate and experiences Nurse Care Managers (specializing in memory loss, dementia or Alzheimers) during business hours at 888.766.9818 ext. 53532
- Register for telehealth, powered by Teladoc® to access U.S. board certified doctors and therapists by web, phone, or mobile app – 24/7/365 at teladoc.com/tuftshealthfreedomplan1
- Call our Nurse24 line to speak with a registered nurse 24/7/365 at 1.866.201.7919
Alzheimer’s and dementia support videos and articles
Register or Login to thfp.com/memberlogin to access relevant Alzheimer’s and Dementia support videos including:
- Video: Alzheimer’s Disease – Learn what steps you and your family can take to help you live well with this disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease – What is it? What causes it? What are the symptoms? How is it diagnosed? How is it treated?
- Dementia: Tips for Communicating
- Dementia: Support for Caregivers