Flu shots are covered
The flu vaccine is in strong supply and available at many locations. You can get a flu shot safely and conveniently so you should not avoid it this year. Everyone six months or older should be vaccinated by the end of October, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Coverage for seasonal flu vaccine
For most plans, flu shots are covered at no cost. If you pay out-of-pocket for the flu vaccine, you can submit for reimbursement from Tufts Health Freedom Plan. If you are unsure about your plan's benefit or where you can get a flu shot, please call Member Services at the number on your Tufts Health Freedom Plan member ID card.
Where to get immunized
- Your doctor's office: For most plans, there is no copay or deductible if your visit is just for a flu shot. And be sure to talk to them about other vaccines you or your family should have like measles or pneumococcal. Learn more about what vaccinations you and your family should get.
- Town or school clinics: Just show your Tufts Health Freedom Plan member ID card and for most plans you'll pay no copay. Contact your city or town administrator for location information.
- Participating MinuteClinics within CVS Pharmacy® locations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York: For most plans, when you show your member ID card, you pay no copay or other cost. Appointments are not required.
- Participating ConvenientMD locations
- Participating CVS Pharmacy® locations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island: For most plans, when you show your member ID card, you pay no copay or other cost. Appointments are not required.
- Any self-pay clinic/vaccination site, member can submit a claim for reimbursement (see link to claim form below).
- For members receiving home health services, you are eligible to receive the seasonal flu vaccine in your home if you have been approved for and are currently receiving home health services at the time of your vaccination.
If you paid for a flu shot at a clinic that isn't listed here, you can ask to be reimbursed by submitting our Member Reimbursement Medical Claim form.
If you have questions about this information, call Member Services at the number listed on your member ID card.