Telehealth from Tufts Health Freedom Plan
Powered by Teladoc
Available to Commercial (employer groups who offer health insurance to) plan members as part of your benefits1
What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth - powered by Teladoc - is a convenient, affordable new way to access quality care for general medical, behavioral health, and dermatology2 services by web, phone3, or mobile app. Connect with a board-certified doctor, therapist, or dermatologist from the comfort of home, during your lunch break, or while traveling throughout the country.
You can even get a prescription sent to your local pharmacy, when medically necessary.
Teladoc has performed more than one million telehealth visits with 95-percent patient satisfaction.4
What Does Telehealth Treat?
General Medical Care
- You can speak to a Teladoc doctor 24/7/365 in less than 10 minutes5 to treat non-emergency medical conditions, including cold and flu symptoms, allergies, sinus infections, sore throats, and more.
- Teladoc doctors have an average of 20 years’ practice experience. So it’s no wonder 92 percent of issues are resolved after the first visit.4
Behavioral Health Care
- Schedule a video appointment with a licensed therapist (including psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers) seven days a week for support with anxiety, depression, family issues, and more.
Dermatology (coming in early 2019)
- Connect with a licensed dermatologist through the web or mobile app for complex or ongoing skin conditions such as infections, psoriasis, eczema, and acne.
- Teladoc dermatologists will respond with a treatment plan within two business days
How Much Does Teladoc Cost
Telehealth visits are the same cost as a PCP visit for most members but could vary based on your plan or employer's negotiated copay.6
Frequently Asked Questions
It only takes a few minutes to set up your secure Teladoc account.
Download the Teladoc App
1Self-insured Commercial groups need to opt-in to the program.
2Access to dermatologists through Teladoc will be available in early 2019
3Phone access is only available for general medical and behavioral health services
4This information is provided by Teladoc and has not been independently confirmed by Tufts Health Freedom Plan.
5For general medical visits
6The cost of a telehealth visit is subject to the deductible on Saver plans.