The goals of Tufts Health Freedom Plan's Healthy Birthday Program include:
- To identify and manage pregnant members at risk for preterm labor, as well as those with medical high-risk pregnancy due to existing conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, pregnancy-induced hypertension, or gestational diabetes
- To decrease infant mortality and long-term effects associated with prematurity
- To educate expectant mothers and enhance their knowledge of the importance of prenatal care
The following is a brief description of the program and its components:
- Tufts Health Freedom Plan EPO and PPO members are eligible.
- Obstetrical care managers work with providers and members throughout pregnancy to support treatment plans, address compliance issues, and maximize community and other resources that may be available.
- Prenatal guidebooks are mailed to members who self-refer on the member portal or who are identified by their provider. The guidebook includes educational materials and resources along with a depression self-assessment screening tool specific to this population.
- Tufts Health Freedom Plan members can be referred to the program by printing and faxing our prenatal registration form to 617-972-9417.
If you would like additional information on the Healthy Birthday Program, please call the Tufts Health Priority Care line at 888-766-9818, ext. 53532.