Effective Nov. 1, 2021, UnitedHealthcare policies and protocols will apply to Freedom Plan members who have the United/Optum logo on their member ID card should visit the UnitedHealthcare Provider drug and pharmacy page for more information and resources.
This section includes information on formularies, guidelines and forms for Tufts Health Freedom Plan Commercial products. Refer to the Resource Center to find additional pharmacy information, and a complete list of Pharmacy Medical Necessity Guidelines for Tufts Health Freedom Plan Commercial products.
Refer to the Commercial Pharmacy Medication Prior Authorization Submission Guide for information on which prior authorization form to use based on state and product.
- Formularies: A complete list of drugs covered on Commercial large group and small group formularies as well as a description of the formulary tier structures.
- Pharmacy Updates: Lists of monthly modifications to the drugs covered on our formularies.
- Pharmacy Utilization Management: A description of Pharmacy Utilization Management programs and related resources.
- Specialty Pharmacy and Specialty Infusion Programs: Includes a description of the specialty pharmacy and specialty infusion programs, a list of covered specialty medications provided by CVS Specialty, and a list of office-administered medical drugs that are available through CVS Specialty.
- Pharmacy Prior Authorization Request Forms: Information on which form to use to request prior authorization for both the prescription drug benefit and the medical benefit.