Tufts Health Freedom Plan Waiving Treatment Costs for Members with COVID-19
Includes copays, deductibles and coinsurance
Tufts Health Freedom Plan is waiving treatment costs for its members suffering from the coronavirus, including copays, deductibles and coinsurance. This coverage applies at in-network providers, urgent care centers, emergency rooms and other facilities, and at out-of-network providers in the event a member cannot easily find an in-network provider to provide timely services.
“We appreciate the impact that the coronavirus is having on every family and individual in New Hampshire, and our goal is to support our members through this challenging and unprecedented time,” said Gerri Vaughan, president of Tufts Freedom Health Plan. “We’re committed to making sure that our members can access quality care, especially if they are battling COVID-19. These policy changes will not only assist our own members, but protect everyone living in New Hampshire.”
The waiving of treatment costs is just one part of what Tufts Health Freedom Plan is doing to eliminate barriers to care during the coronavirus outbreak. Other initiatives include:
- Testing – Waiving costs for the testing and counseling.
- Pharmacy – Allowing members to refill their prescription medication(s) early, before their current fill is empty (controlled substances excluded).
- Telehealth/Telemedicine – Eliminating out-of-pocket costs for telehealth visits.1
- Prior Authorizations – Removing prior authorization requirements for providers as it relates to treatment and care of coronavirus.
- Community Commitment – The Tufts Health Plan Foundation committed $1 million to nonprofit organizations in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut supporting older people affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
For the most up to date information on Tufts Health Freedom Plan’s response to the coronavirus, visit thfp.com/coronavirus. Members can also call the customer service number on their Tufts Health Freedom Plan member ID.